Thursday, August 18, 2011

Card Challenge

Today I made a card for a card challenge. The challenge was to heat emboss a sticker and use it on a card.  For this card I used gold embossing powder on the butterfly sticker. I used orange cardstock for the card base, A2 size, edged with black ink.  I cut a 2"x5" piece of beige cardstock and using 2 different stamps, I stamped the design in beige ink, then edged the piece in beige ink. Using the George cartridge on my cricut, I cut the pale orange oval at 4". I stamped the oval with a flourish stamp and beige ink,then edged it in beige ink. On a 1"x1 3/4" piece of beige cardstock I stamped "Simply the Best" in black with a bit of the flourish in beige, then edged the piece in beige ink. Using pop dots, I raised the butterfly wings for dimension and attached it to the orange oval. To assemble, I first attached the beige cardstock 1/4" from the left edge of the card, attached a border sticker next to the beige cardstock, then the sentiment followed by the butterfly oval. Hope you enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty! Have you been commenting on Sew We Quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I have been commenting. I really enjoy reading the blog. Thanks for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete